My Last Pack

of cigs.
It seems like a good thing, you know. No lung cancer, no mouth cancer, no tooth decay, no bad breath. But, if you smoke a lot, you know this feeling - to a degree.
The pack, those small cigs, they feel like a part of your body. It feels nice to smoke and even your day could get better with one puff. But, it is my turn to put down the pack - like some people do at one time or another. And I am quitting. For my love and myself. Of course, I would do anything for my love, so this is no problem for me.
But, I see cigs and smoking not as an addiction, but as a sort of past time; something to do when I get bored. So, naturally, I can stop at any time. But today, I will no longer take part in this lovely activity anymore. No, today will be my final journey with a pack of flame and ashes. Now, as I let this end, so will my last pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment